Endless Crawler is an
Infinite Composable On-Chain Crawler
That's a big statement! Let's break it down….
- Crawler. One of the earliest and most enduring video game genres, basically exploration games. Usually, players find themselves in a maze-like world with unknown wonders and dangers and the only way out is to walk forward.
- On-Chain. The game geography is generated and stored on the Ethereum blockchain, where it will be accessible eternally. Chambers are free ERC-721 tokens (NFTs), burn-proof, and can never be altered or deleted.
- Composable. A minimal classic Crawler in Chapter 1, will gradually evolve with Game Cards released with every new Chapter. Customize the game by building decks using ERC-1155 Game Cards. In addition to the official cards, third-party tokens will be supported, creating Mashups.
- Infinite. Every Chamber is connected to each other, on a 2D grid that can be expanded to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 Chambers in every direction from the Origin. From a human perspective, infinite.
- Chapter. Starting as a classic minimal Crawler in Chapter 1, it will gradually evolve with Game Cards released with every new Chapter.
- Chambers. The playable maps, or levels of the game (ERC-721 tokens). Generated and stored on-chain, each Chamber is unique and contains random treasures (Gems and Coins).
- Atlas. The full view of all the minted Chambers, on a 2D grid. The number at the center of each Chamber is its Yonder, the distance from the Origin.
- Terrain. Chambers can belong to one of each of the 4 different Terrain types. Identified primarily as Earth, Water, Air and Fire, can be interpreted as anything on derivative games.
- The Origin. The 4 initial Chambers, the central point of the game. Minted on contract construction, one of each Terrain type. Coordinates S1E1, N1E1, N1W1, S1W1, Yonder 1.
- Coordinate or Compass. Each Chamber is located at a unique coordinate on a 2D grid, the Atlas. Compass is human readable (S1E1, N4W10, etc), and Coordinate is the numeric version (uint256), used on the contracts.
- Yonder. A Chamber's distance from the Origin Chambers, which are Yonder 1. Every Chamber is minted from another existing Chamber, increasing its Yonder by 1.
- Gems and Coins. Every Chamber contains one randomized Gem and one bag of Coins. There are 8 different Gem types, with different rarity and values.
- Worth. How much value any given Chamber has, being a sum of its Coins and the Gem value.
- Stash. When players create their Profile, the Stash is also created, summing all of their Gems and Coins, and calculating their Wealth.
- Wealth. The sum of a player's Gems and Coins, from all owned Chambers. Maintained by the Players’ Profile, newly minted Chambers, transferred or sold, are automatically accounted to the Wealth.