Who We Are
⚠️ Unfortunately, we're only able to work with a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Official Refugee who is enrolled in an accredited Canadian post-secondary school at the moment.
If you don't qualify but would like to be considered for future roles, please fill out this form instead.
We’re looking for an emotionally intelligent and resilient connector to help make a lasting impact on our broken food system.
- Familiarity with the following is highly preferred:
- Business development/Sales
- Community building.
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Event planning
- Past work experience in the CPG industry is highly preferred.
- Willingness to showcase yourself and/or your cooking skills on social media - you’ll be the face of Peko social!
- Interest and experience in culinary & recipe development are highly preferred.
- Strong communication and teamwork.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer obsession.
- Valid driving license and preferably access to a reliable vehicle.
- Scout, develop & manage relationships with the following (45%):
- CPG brands, as well as farmers/wholesalers to source "peculiar"& surplus products, cross-promotions, or joint marketing efforts. Coordinate with our Operations team for inventory receiving, invoicing, and more.
- Strategic organizations & individuals to elevate Peko’s brand in the market. Who you can expect to work with includes, but is not limited to: chefs, corporations, schools, etc.
- Activate awareness and build an engaging community (40%):
- Own and grow our Pekommunity program, including but not limited to: moderating our Facebook group, planning community engagement initiatives, recruiting new members, and performing surveys/user interviews.
- Own and grow Peko Ambassador Program: perform recruitment, screening, and management of our ambassadors and their respective projects. (Fun fact: we have a Paralympian in our Ambassador Program!)
- Host lives, podcasts, and engage with our community virtually.
- Host and attend in-person initiatives (e.g. conferences, farmer’s markets, trade shows, etc.) to promote Peko in the local community.
- Collaborate with our Marketing & Design team to design blogs, photos, videos, and graphic posts to accompany partnership/community initiatives.