Run The World is building the next generation of events. Launched in 2020, RTW is the first platform to put the audience experience at the center of every virtual event. We are engineering a new type of live content—one this is immersive, participatory, and full of social experiences. We're taking the best of in-person events and maximizing their online potential with world-class digital tools that generate interactive discourse and meaningful relationships for attendees, speakers, and hosts.
The Community Manager position is a key role in fulfilling our vision. We don't see RTW as simply a tool but as a global community of event organizers and community builders pushing forward a new industry. It's new terrain for almost everyone, and the Community Manager has a unique opportunity to forge a community of early adopters and digital pioneers who are establishing new business models and new behaviors that will shape online events for years to come.
Here are more details of the job responsibilities:
- Build, maintain, and grow an industry-leading online community of event hosts, community builders and event professionals who consider the group an essential resource for meeting others and insights/resources that make them better. This is the community everyone wants to be a part of, where the best ideas are shared, where the best people connect and contribute daily. This is like a beehive. Always buzzing.
- Plan, promote and host community events that are best in class and reinforce RTW's brand and community goals. We leverage our community to experiment with the product, test out new concepts, and grow our community with more great people.
- Generate thought leadership content to share across social channels and editorial channels. Content is key to building a community. It's what drives conversation and anchors the group. What we talk about and when we talk about it are crucial so the conversation never ends.
- Be a thought partner to the business and marketing teams. It's a startup! Everyone gets to play.
- Be an active champion of the product by using it, testing out new features, filing bugs, building processes, etc. There's a lot to do and we need to be smart and aware.
- Hold yourself and everyone to a standard of world-class excellence. Push the boundaries of what greatness at RTW looks like.
- At least 3 years of experience in community engagement and/or event management
- A background in event planning/management is a plus, but not required.
- Experience running community programs, especially from pre-launch to a large audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to experiment with new approaches or tactics
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment, working as part of a small team.
The Community Manger is a full-time position reporting to Head of Community. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our team works primarily across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits, flexible vacation, parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.