The following communities are active and worth subscribing to and participating in if you are a member of FP Lab or interested in our work!
- types-announce: announcements of workshops and conference relevant to the PL community
- types-list: discussion relevant to the PL community
- There is a lot of discussion on Twitter on topics of interest to FP Lab.
- Randomized studies have found that research shared on Twitter gains a lot more influence! https://twitter.com/JSheltzer/status/1272574976454012930?s=20
- The Twitter accounts for FP Lab members (Cyrus and David in particular) are a good start.
- After that, start following people who post interesting tweets, and feel free to get involved in the discussion! People forget about tweets quickly, so don't worry if you feel like you're not sure about what you're saying. :-)
There are some other resources listed on the UI-for-PL course webpage.