Is this one of your use cases?
You might be experiencing some of these pain points:
- Product owners feel like you're making up excuses when you bring up tech debt
- You have difficulty communicating the impact of tech debt to non-technical stakeholders
- Product owners don't understand why you estimate certain features to be very complex
If so, you might want to use Stepsize to improve how you talk about tech debt with non-technical stakeholders.
Why improve how you talk about tech debt
🔮 Make better strategic decisions
Understanding tech debt is crucial in order to make solid plans and achieve business goals. You can't afford to miscommunicate, especially when there's a tool to get everyone on the same page.
What you should do during your trial
- [ ] Create 1-3 debt items to capture debt that will be getting in your way during the next 2 weeks
⇒ See Tech debt items
- [ ] Report debt related to these items to help non-technical stakeholders understand the debt's impact on the business and how much code there is to refactor
⇒ See Tech debt reports
This will help you bridge the communication gap with non-technical stakeholders — you'll be able to point to concrete examples of tech debt's day to day impact and they'll feel like they have a better understanding of what needs to be done to deliver on business goals.
How to build upon non-technical stakeholders' understanding of tech debt