Effective from December 2020
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
This policy applies to Five Good Friends staff, volunteers, contractors, sole traders and others
Five Good Friends is committed to providing the highest standards of respect, dignity, choice, control and safety in the provision of services and all associated activities for our Members and their families and communities, employees, helpers, contractors and volunteers. Our Code of Conduct provides a clear understanding of the behaviour expected at all times and guides us in our responsibilities, decisions and actions.
The Co-founders, Directors and Management are committed to upholding this standard and leading by example.
- You will always act in the best interest of our Members, providing a high-quality service and strive to meet Members’ expectations at all times. Always act in the best interest of our Helpers to empower and enable them to provide the best service possible.
- You will be kind, caring and consideration in your approach.
- You will be respectful, honest and truthful in all interactions.
- You will be reliable and trustworthy and proactive in improving all persons’ experience of the Five Good Friends offering.
- You will be positive, interested and engaged whilst providing services.
- You will empower Members, encourage independence, choice and control and be respectful of their choices and decisions.
- You will not (by act or omission) constrain, influence or direct decision-making by a Member or their authorised representative so as to limit that person's access to information, opportunities, and choice and control.
- You will be truthful in how you represent your skills, attributes and abilities associated with the provision of services for Members.
- You will comply with professional and legal codes relevant to the provision of services.
- You will fully comply with all requirements expected by Five Good Friends including relevant checks and will notify Five Good Friends of any change to your ability to provide services.