💎 Our values
The workonclimate.org community is positive, action-oriented and experimental
Celebrate others and keep them motivated.
Seek to provide actionable constructive feedback and let a diverse set of approaches flourish.
Do more and talk less.
Try things out and share your results. Team up with others interested in the same thing. Drive initiatives and actively reach out to help others.
Try out new approaches and ideas.
Have an idea for how something can be run? Try it out and ask for forgiveness!
👌🏽 General guidelines for engagement
WoCl is fertile soil rather than fruit - Give back, Create virtuous cycles, Scale yourself!
Found a broadly useful resource?
- 🙂 Good: Share it with a personal comment on why it is useful to people who want to work on climate, and what you got out of it.
- 😃 Better: Write it down on Notion - e.g. add it to a Starter Pack, reorganize the pack a bit if necessary. Not sure where to put it? Ask on #community-meta!
Need help with something that others might also need help with?
- 🙂 Good: Ask for yourself on #need-help
- 😃 Better: When you get an answer, if the answer is reusable, write it down on Notion.
- 🤩 Even better: Come up with an idea for how to help people with a similar need, post on #community-meta, find collaborators and make it happen!
Want to meet someone from a certain company?
- 🙂 Good: Find someone from there on #introductions, reach out to them being mindful of etiquette (below).
- 😃 Better: Loved the conversation? Ask if they would like to give a talk to WoCl, organize an event with them!
🍷 Slack etiquette
🎯 Stay on topic
- WoCl is exclusively focused on climate. Only share discussions/resources whose primary focus is climate. For example: do not share an event targeting entrepreneurs in general, or a resource about machine learning in general.
- Make sure you're posting on the right channel. Most channels have a "topic", visible at the top of the Slack window, which explains what is appropriate to share on this channel, as well as some pinned messages. Read them before sharing something on the channel for the first time!