Hello! 👋 Thank you so much for your interest in Code Coven's Intro to Game Making course. We're able to offer a select amount of scholarships to support BAME/BIPOC who identify as marginalised genders. These scholarships will fully cover the course's cost. As part of our scholarship application process, we are offering applicants two methods of applying: through a written application or through a video application. This page further details the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
📽 To view the requirements for the video application, go here.
📝 To view and submit your scholarship application (whether it is written or a video), go here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best witches, and good luck!
Key Dates 📅
Applications will close on the 3rd of February at 11:30PM GMT. Applicants will hear from the Code Coven team no later than the 8th of February. If selected for the interview phase, applicants will be asked to book in a 30-60 minute long interview between the 5th-10th of February. Scholarship winners will be notified by the 15th of February.
In order to qualify for our IGM 2021 Scholarship, applicants must:
- Identify as a marginalised gender.
- Identify as BAME or a BIPOC.
- Demonstrate a financial need for the scholarship.
- Commit to writing a blog post or contributing to a video/article interview after completion of the course which details your experience taking Code Coven's Intro to Game Making Course that Code Coven would then share across our platforms.
- Be able to make the full time commitment, outlined below.
- Be able to fulfill the technical requirements for the class, also outlined below.
- Students must be able to attend each class session for the course they are admitted into. There are two course selections running simultaneously, the Luna 🌙 cohort and the Ocean 🌊 cohort, and students will select one during their application process. The cohort selected will not affect your consideration for the scholarship.
- Class sessions are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 7-9pm in their respective time zone.
- The Luna 🌙 cohort will run 7-9pm in EST, while the Ocean 🌊 cohort will run 7-9pm in GMT.
- Students cannot switch between cohorts; they are only able to attend the class sessions of their selected cohort.
- The full course runs from March 1st through April 22nd.
- Students are expected to spend 4 additional hours per week working on assignments.
- Including the 6 weekly hours of instruction, this comes out to a total of 10 hours per week commitment for the full eight week long course.
Course Technical Requirements
- Students must have reliable access to the internet and as well as a Zoom account. Classes will be held over Zoom, and students will need to occasionally share their screen to share updates on their work and troubleshoot bugs.