💡 “From the Gift, we become capable of the impossible.” - Charles Eisenstein, Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, And Society In The Age Of Transition
The Climate Collective offers grants to projects building climate-related applications that incorporate the Celo blockchain and integrate with the broader Regenerative Finance (ReFi) ecosystem. This guide is intended to streamline process of inquiring about, applying for, and successfully completing a grant. To learn more about the Climate Collective, you can visit our website, twitter, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific questions about grants, contact email@example.com.
- The Climate Collective grant program is not a source of venture capital funding. Applicants to the program are expected to have a viable product or offering for the community. If your project is fundraising, you should consider quadratic funding options such as Gitcoin, or applying to more formal funding streams that we can help connect you to through our ecosystem partners.
- Shared norms and behaviors are the foundation of a beautiful community. As a participant in this ecosystem, support the effort responsibly and uphold Celo’s Code of Conduct.
- After successful completion of the scope of work included in the grant, your project would be inducted as a member of the Climate Collective and is expected to collaborate with existing members and future grantees.
- Must pass KYC and Due Diligence process
- Must prove climate relevance and pass “ecological due diligence”
- Must be open to publicly disclosing receipt of grant and listing Climate Collective as partner
- Grant scope should result in a launch on Celo mainnet after security audit
- Payments are milestone-based and disbursed after verification of successful completion
- Marketing support is provided through Climate Collective and Celo internal teams
- Timeline for review is proportional to the amount requested