We, the professional historians, have created a historical platform «Літопис. ІІІ RESпубліка» (Chronicles. the III REpublic) on a volunteer basis. This project is a start-up and needs more opportunities to grow and improve. Follow us on:
For further development, we seek to attract a professional team to create and build an archive of systematized and reliable information since the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
What are the Aims of “Chronicle. the III REpublic?”
- To create a relevant platform where professional historians, experts, and qualified specialists, will be able to:
- document the experience of the war in all its forms,
- reflect on the following events,
- record characteristic features of the era in public opinion,
- create photo reports of the historical moment to give access not only to the documentary material but also to the experience of participants, which hasn’t been transformed by metamorphoses of memory yet.
- To spread the educational work of our platform to a big audience. Our goal is to tell the history of Ukraine to the citizens who have become more interested in it and also share the key milestones of our history with people around the world.
- To keep professional documentation of our team of historians as witnesses for future generations.
The “Chronicle. the III REpublic” Mission
- To provide a historical moment of the Ukrainian national self-identity with a professional historic and geographic understanding.
- To produce an analysis of the events from different angles: military strategy, ethnography, folkloristics, religious studies, art, economics, legal issues, philosophy, philology, psychology, etc.
- Data collection and documentation.
- Production of analytical pieces, historical analysis.
- Expert commentary.
- Interviews with participants and witnesses.
Wars generate loads of information every day, from operational reports, videos, and photo-proofs to memes and illustrations. All this content accumulates daily and is extremely valuable for posterity. Therefore, we offer all interested experts to join us in collecting, analysing, and systemizing it.
Historians, as participants of the project, will be sharing their expert investigations on relevant topics. What’s more important is that information is to be written in an easy-to-read form.
“Chronicle. the III REpublic” Special Projects
Now we focus on historical research and analysis, cultural and social projects. In the future, we will be creating video content, podcasts, lectures, holding exhibitions, and opening the museum of memory.
We are endorsed by: