[UPDATE - As of June 20th 2021, I've hired my amazing Chief of Staff!!]
Hi! I'm Tara, co-founder and CEO at Rupa! I'm looking for a Chief of Staff to be my stunt double at Rupa! 🦄
Just so you can put a face to the name!! ^^ me on a morning hike — one of my favorite things to do!
You'll be my right-hand person and a force-multiplier for me. It's a super critical and exciting time for the company - we just hit 30 people and we're on the brink of massive product expansion, raising our next round, and thoughtfully designing the Rupa culture and internal operating processes! 🚀 Together, you and I will make magic over the next year as we enter our hyperscaling mode!
The Chief of Staff position is a high exposure role -- you will get face time with our investors, advisors, execs, partners and more. Your day to day will consist of sitting in on all of my meetings, helping me prioritize, and doing follow ups as needed. We'll divide work between us and you will also have your own projects to run with based on your unique skillset and background. You'll get intimately familiar with what it means to be a CEO of a high growth early stage technology startup. It's a great role for rockstars who eventually want to do their own startup or figure out where they want to develop their career within a tech company. As my Chief of Staff, no matter what you want to do after, I will help you get there. 💙
TL/DR: To keep it simple, we're growing crazy fast and I need support in my role and responsibilities as CEO! I am looking for a stellar human to help scale me.
The top 3 qualities I'm looking for in a Chief of Staff:
- Integrity: You will have access to more sensitive information than any person at the company. Trust and integrity is an absolute must.
- Highly Organized: Your role is very simple: keep Tara successful. To do this, you will need to keep multiple plates spinning in the air. On MBST -- you have a strong preference for "J" over "P". You'll need to anticipate issues and bring them to me before the fact.
- Execution / Hustle: High energy and a bias towards action is a must. You don't wait to be told what to do - by then you've already done it. Where other people see barriers, you find a way.
Other Must Haves:
- Ability to work PST hours: I want to be very honest about this. Sometimes I have meetings at 8PM PST, so unless you're ok with 11PM EST meetings, I strongly prefer PST time zone! In person in San Francisco is a bonus and will be weighted in your favor, but is not a must.
- 3+ years of work experience: This is a minimum. The range I think is best suited for this role is 3-10 years of experience. I am looking for someone who has seen how companies work before - whether in a consulting role or inside of a company. Ideal background is in an operational role at a high growth successful startup or coming in with management consulting experience. Your work as Chief of Staff will vary depending on your background and experience. (I need support in many areas including higher level strategic work, people & culture, investor relations and more.) We will figure out together where your superpowers are and have your work be primarily oriented there.
- 100% Commitment: This must be your full time and top commitment - not part time. This role isn't suitable for people who have a side hustle at this time. Since you will be a right hand to the CEO, I will hold you to similar standards as I hold any other owner and leader at the company. Since we are early stage, we are all hands on deck right now, and I want to be as honest about that as possible. At times there will be weekend and late night work. I promise it will be fun, though, and I won't ask anything of you that I wouldn't ask of myself!
- Chemistry: Getting along is critical in this role since we will be working together every single day. You can learn more about me here! If you are high energy and have a passion for personal development and growth, we will get along well!
- Excellent Communication Skills: Both written and verbal. You'll ghostwrite emails and thought leadership articles for me. You'll also run certain meetings at the company.