Things to do before your arrival in Ghent
- [ ] Browse through this Welcome Guide: it will answer a lot of your questions.
🖋️ This Welcome Guide is published in Notion: always available online and up-to-date.
As a student you can get a free Notion account. A Notion account is not necessary to read our Welcome Guide but it gives you usefull features like downloading this guide locally on your mobile phone.
- [ ] Read about vibrant Ghent.
- [ ] Check your health and travel insurance!
Once you arrived in Ghent
- [ ] Check in at the University Halls of Residence (if applicable).
- [ ] If you should quarantine or isolate: do so!
Follow the guidelines from the Belgian government: see our FAQs.
⚠️ This information will be updated close to the start of the semester
After your quarantine or when you are allowed to go out
- [ ] Register as resident at the migration office of the city of Ghent: complete the arrival form online.
- [ ] Exchange student: get your arrival form signed. When your home university has requested the arrival form to be signed, bring this to your appointment with the International Support Team or send the document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [ ] Health insurance: contact a health care fund. See Insurance
- [ ] Open a Belgian bank account (if you need one). See Banking.
- [ ] Degree students: check your online curriculum in Oasis.
- [ ] Exchange student: ****upload your fully signed Learning Agreement in Oasis.
During your stay