Things to do before your arrival in Ghent
- [ ] Browse through this International Student Guide: it will answer a lot of your questions.
🖋️ This International Student Guide is published in Notion: always available online and up-to-date.
As a student you can get a free Notion account. A Notion account is not necessary to read our International Student Guide but it gives you usefull features like downloading this guide locally on your mobile phone.
- [ ] Read about vibrant Ghent.
- [ ] Check your health and travel insurance!
- [ ] Register for the welcome days
Once you arrived in Ghent
- [ ] Check in at the University Halls of Residence (if applicable).
- [ ] Register as resident at the migration office of the city of Ghent: complete the arrival form online.
- [ ] Exchange student: get your arrival form signed. When your home university has requested the arrival form to be signed, bring this to the welcome days organised by your faculty or the International Support Team.
- [ ] Your student card.
- [ ] Health insurance: contact a health care fund. See Insurance
- [ ] Open a Belgian bank account (if you need one). See Banking.
- [ ] Degree students: check your online curriculum in Oasis.
- [ ] Exchange student: ****upload your fully signed Learning Agreement in Oasis.
During your stay