Join our team
We're on a mission to help software communicate with its users. That starts with giving product and engineering teams everywhere the tools they need to send great notifications to their customers.
We're enterprise software nerds who believe in the power of great tools to help developers and end users alike. We're APIs all the way down at Knock—Stripe for payments, Algolia for search, WorkOS for SSO.
We're excited to add Knock to that list and to push forward the API-first movement. If you are too, come join us and let's build something great together.
Our culture is still in its early days. Come join us and let's build it together.
Here's what we have so far:
- 🛎 We focus on the customer. We practice intellectual honesty and ego-free communication to push ourselves towards the idea that's best for our customer. We organize ourselves to work autonomously towards metrics that map to customer value—we know that when our customers win, we win.
- 🚢 We love to get things done. We focus on what we can do to deliver real, tangible value to customers. When faced with a task, we always ask ourselves how we can move it forward today. We'd rather make mistakes than not make decisions. We believe big, ambitious things can get done, fast. We constantly look for improvements we can make to our product and developer process (from Vercel deploy previews to CI/CD speed improvements) to ship faster and accelerate our time to market.
- 📝 We communicate with intention. We believe in great writing as a way to clarify our own thinking, communicate our ideas with others, and keep a record of how we think about our product, our customers, and our company. We lean into long-form mediums (emails, docs) that require thought and care, not an immediate response. We use Slack sparingly for one-off questions and DMs.
- 🌎 We are a remote-first team. We love the flexibility and quality-of-life that comes from working remotely. That said, we also love the camaraderie that comes from seeing each other in-person, and we plan on getting the team together IRL a few times a year to sing karaoke. Note: ****we currently operate on continental U.S. time (UTC-5 to UTC-8) and are only hiring within those timezones.
- 🛠 We operate on the maker's schedule. We know that great things are accomplished with long blocks of uninterrupted time. We structure our days and weeks to optimize for building things. No meetings on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- 🎓 We know the team is the legacy. We want our employees to learn as much as they can at Knock, work with people they admire, and do their best work. When they leave, we want them to go on to do even better things with a Knock network they can lean on for years to come.
- All the good stuff. Competitive salary and equity compensation. Unlimited PTO policy with mandatory 3 week minimum. Employer-sponsored health plan (medical, dental, vision).
- The remote setup you need to do your best work. We pull out the stops to get you the remote setup of your dreams. Monitor, laptop, headset, chair, desk, iPad — let us know what you need and we'll make it happen.
Meet the team
- Sam. Product @ Knock. I quote Jurassic Park ad nauseam.
- Chris. Engineering @ Knock. Elixir fan, Star Trek aficionado, and British person.