Setting and reaching Goals has never been more rewarding or more intuitive! We're super excited to walk you through how to Capture a Goal in OnLoop:
Tap the ➕ Capture button, either on your Home Screen, next to a connected direct report, or on your direct report’s profile
Select who you’d like to Capture on—either yourself, or one of your directs
ℹ️ For now, you can only Capture Goals on yourself or on your reports.
Select the type of Capture you’d like to make, in this case a Goal
Choose from four Goal types:
- Target: Reach a metric of your choice by a certain date
- Project: Track personal and/or team tasks over time
- Behavioral skill: Hone a soft skill through OnLoop tags
- Hard skill: Develop new subject matter expertise
Each Goal type will have its own prompts:
- Target: Decide whether you want to hit, increase, or decrease a metric, and by how much. Choose when you wish to accomplish your Goal. Determine your Goal’s priority. Add additional context as needed.
- Project: Name the project and set a deadline for its completion. Determine your Goal’s priority. Add milestones to help you stay on track. Provide additional context as needed.
- Behavioral skill: Select a tag you’d like to turn into a superpower. OnLoop will show you a selection of your top Improve tags to start, but you can also create a new one by hitting “View All” tags. Set a deadline for improvement. Decide on a number of actions you commit to taking towards this Goal (eg. Celebrate Captures, Learn content, other resources). Determine your Goal’s priority. Add additional context as needed.
- Hard skill: Pick a hard skill you want to hone. We’ve suggested a bunch based on industry but feel free to create your own! Decide what level of expertise you’d like to reach, and when you’d like to see a difference.
If you’re creating a Goal for yourself, commit to how often you’d like to be nudged about it. You can pick one of our presets, or set your own schedule.
If you’re creating a Goal for your direct, they’ll pick their own notification schedule once you’ve shared the Goal with them.
🚀 Tip: You’ll need to enable notifications for these! Just say yes when prompted.
Tap Save or Share Goal privately
Once you’ve shared your Goal with your direct or manager, they’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your Goal. Make sure you’ve aligned, and hit the ground running!
When might you make a Goal Capture?
On your directs:
- To provide structure for growth and learning while placing it in your direct’s hands
- To set clear, attainable goals with intuitive steps on how to reach them
- To motivate your team to keep getting better
- To keep getting better
- To hold yourself accountable while getting constructive feedback from your manager
- To structure your growth and learning in a rewarding, intuitive way
Manage your Goals
Make your first Capture