Tasked with helping design a brand new Crunchyroll Apple TV application with the following in mind.
- Create a brand new Crunchyroll Apple TV app, with the focus of successfully retaining Funimation and Crunchyroll users.
- Implement newer features that other Crunchyroll platforms are accustomed to.
Crunchyroll Apple TV app is still using legacy features, UI, information architecture, and is not capable of transitioning Funimation users over into Crunchyroll users.
- Was tasked to help design flows, wireframes, and high fidelity assets for engineering implementations.
- Was also tasked with helping create a design system specific to the Apple TV HIG.
Time, and resources were the two biggest constraints when working on the Apple TV application. For the most part, design work has been done by myself, and one other designer. Being undermanned while also dealing with time constraints is always a hard. However, the team and I have delivered to engineers; IA breakdowns, wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity deliverables on time so that they’re able to do their job successfully.
- Planning began in late 2021, wherein Product and Engineering had initial kickoff meetings discussing the work that would need to be done by both sides.
- Ticket write-up was underway by both Product and Engineering, in which provided us designers with a clear picture of the Apple TV Job Breakdown Strategy that we would use to tackle this feat.