This is the policy of Trengo B.V. to reimburse staff for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred during approved work-related travel to abroad within Europe. In case you plan work-related travel outside Europe, please consult with your Manager.
Authorization and reimbursement
Work-related travel should be discussed and approved with a manager before the beginning of the trip, and it should be agreed upon which expenses Trengo will cover whilst the employee is traveling. The trip can be planned and paid via ‣ at least 7 days in advance. See here more information on ‣.
Expenses that were not part of the TravelPerk booking (meals, busrides ect.) can be reimbursed via the reimbursement process within 30 days of the end of the trip.
Guidelines on expenses
- Lodging. Trengo will reimburse lodging expenses at reasonable, single occupancy or standard business room rates within the maximum of 90 euro per night. In case this does not appear to cover the room rate of the working location, an out of policy request can be made in TravelPerk.
- Airfare. Travelers are expected to obtain the lowest available economy airfare that reasonably meets business travel needs (direct flight if available).
- Rail transportation, bus rides or taxi’s. Travelers are expected to pick the lowest reasonable available way of transportation which in most scenarios is public transportation. Trengo will reimburse additional transportation in two scenarios.
- Any travel from the Airport to the Trengo Utrecht office/the hotel/event location and/or reversed if the two locations are more than walking distance apart (1.5 KM).
- Any necessary travel from the hotel to the office or any other predetermined activity location and/or reversed if the two locations are more than walking distance apart (1.5 KM).
- Meals (pro rata). Meals consumed whilst traveling for business are reimbursed for a maximum of 15 euro per day. Receipts are obligated for reimbursement of these expenses. This policy is not meant for business meals expenses (procedure will follow soon).
- Additional expenses. To reimburse any additional expenses other than those described in this policy, the employee must first receive approval from their manager before incurring the expense.
Weekends and Holidays
There are two scenarios in which an employee would make costs during weekends and holidays while being on a business trip
(1) the employee will stay a few extra days to enjoy time abroad for leisure purposes
(2) the employee will be working (a) day(s) abroad during or after the weekend or holiday.
Only in the second scenario the costs will be reimbursed according to the described policy. In case vacation time is added to a business trip, any cost variance in airfare, meals, or lodging must be clearly identified and will not be reimbursed by Trengo.