Fundamentally you've got two objectives as a business that storytelling can really help with
- Reach an Audience
- Grow the Audience
So here are somethings you have to do as a business to make storytelling help you reach the above gaols
- Understand the vocabulary the audience uses. Different groups have their own slang so to really connect with the audience, use their vocubalry.
- Understand the whitespace - there's a barrage of infinite content every person has to deal with everyday, find out whats missing. You can use data to determine this. You can also make spider chats about who the audience cares about.
- Use data to do this. Like data on social media.
- Understand who the audience cares about. Some one who likes electric cars may also like eco friendly products. They probably also have families and care about their children. So when you think of audience, think in terms of the people they care about. Not only other products they could care about.
- Understand the audience is human. If you're B2B - don't think the audience on the other ends are robots. They may also like television actors and sports characters.
Once you have the audience, wherever you go, they will follow. Then they will listen.
You have to continually tell the stories to keep the relationship going.
"If I stop preaching to the choir, they'll stop singing" - Martin Luther King