An analytical problem-solver eager to improve systems and processes with innovative ideas.
Jack of Most Technology Trades
• Software Engineer
• System Engineer
• System Administrator
• Database Administrator
• Network Engineer
• Documentation Expert
• Help Desk Support
• Skilled Technical Trainer
Blair Armeau - Resume
Blair Armeau Resume 1-2023 Chronological.docx
Blair Armeau Resume 1-2023 Functional.docx
I aim to work and make a difference, use my education and talents to their extent, and continually learn and adapt, upgrade, and improve systems and myself. I have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience from which to draw. I thrive in a fast-paced community where innovation and creativity are encouraged. Independent thinker and problem solver who works best when given freedom and resources needed to succeed.
*Thought constitutes the greatness of man. Man is a reed, the feeblest thing in nature, but he is a thinking reed.
Leidos Holdings Inc.
Information Technology and Services
June 2021 to present
At a Glance
Software Engineer - Geospatial Mapping
September 2022 to present
- Wrote test cases to verify essential functionality and check for errors.
- We collaborated using GitLab, Mattermost, and MS Teams.
Software Engineer – Cyber Intelligence
June 2021 to August 2022 (1 year and two months)
- Learned Python.
- Debugged security software primarily using Python for scripting and C++ for DLLs.
- Installed and configured Linux workstations and virtual servers with VMWare and ProxMox.
- Developed automation scripts to streamline testing and reporting.
- Built test report websites and testing plugins to aggregate results centrally.
- We collaborated using Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo automation.
Navy Federal Credit Union
Banking and Finance
June 1996 to March 2020
Experience is the best teacher.
At a Glance
- 2020 - System Engineer
- 2009 - Service Transition, Software Deployment
- 2003 - Database and Mail Administrator (Lotus Notes and Domino)
- Primarily Lotus Domino and Notes support
- Installed developer applications
- Requested, built, monitored, and installed servers
- 1999 Onward - Business Recovery (Business Continuity)
- 1999 - Senior Programmer R&D
- Primarily Lotus Notes and Domino development
- 1996 - Software Training Director and Facilitator
- Created software courses and associated user manuals
- Created presentations and instruction materials
- 1996 - Workstation Analyst
- Provided desktop support
- Diagnosed operating system issues
- Performed hardware and software installations
- General help desk and direct user support
*"The better we get at getting better, the faster we will get better."
👩🏻💻 Work experience
- Over thirty years of progressively complex technical experience.
- Long-term employee showing a proven commitment to company and project visions.
- Collaborate remotely with multi-discipline teams to design, develop, document, and maintain software architectures, requirements, interfaces, and designs.
- A professional software trainer loves to share knowledge, breaking down complex tasks into manageable, easily understood information—a continual learner of new technologies.