(Recipe from my newsletter, The Magnet)
In the first issue of The Magnet, I gave my recipe for almond flour bread. Last weekend I made it again, but I forgot to add water or xanthan gum. It turned out to be a good mistake because I think it’s better without those two ingredients. Here’s the modified recipe:
- 1.5 cups almond flour (I use Anthony’s)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix in the vinegar and egg whites, stirring with a spoon.
- Once the flour sticks together, press it flat (about 1.5 inches thick) on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the bread turns golden.
I slice it into wedges. It tastes great right out of the oven.