Do this before the workshop!
- Join the Slack: http://bit.ly/37HQkkK
- I will post the material, send additional content, and answer questions here before, during and after the workshop
- Install Chrome or Firefox
- Install Git and Sign up to Github
- Get familiar with codesandbox.io
Knowledge of ES6, JS, HTML, and CSS is not required....
...but if you want to get the most out of the workshop, or you're serious about learning frontend web development, please take the time to read some of these resources before the workshop
- ES6 introduction: (SUPER IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVEN'T USED ES6 BEFORE)
- HTML and CSS:
- If you haven't done HTML and CSS before:
- Video and online exercises:
- w3schools: https://www.w3schools.com/html/
- Read at least the first ten topics on the left hand side, and:
- HTML CSS, HTML Images, HTML Blocks, HTML Classes, HTML id, HTML IFrames, HTML JavasScript
- If you have done some HTML and CSS before:
- You're off the hook: Just be familiar with iframe and flex box 😉
What you’ll learn and do in this workshop
We’ll discuss concepts and put them to practice with activities and small projects.
- What React is and what you can do with it
- Writing JSX and rendering elements to HTML
- Building components, composition and splitting