About the role
As a backend engineer Pocus, you will work alongside the founder/CTO to build Pocus’ vision. This is a unique opportunity to influence every aspect of our development cycle and own major engineering projects from idea through execution. You will be trusted to own the development of new features and functionalities and build at a high velocity. You will be empowered to make significant architectural decisions and define the engineering culture at Pocus.
What you'll do
- Own the data stack and work with the founder/CTO to architect Pocus' data systems.
- Develop and implement a new query service that enables Pocus engineers to easily pull customer data into the Pocus product.
- Design and implement a new integration infrastructure to allow customers to pull data from their data warehouse into the Pocus product.
- Extend the data ingesting and merging systems, which allows customers to join large datasets without writing code.
Who you are
- Engineering-driven – You can write high quality and secure software that scales.
- Background in data – You have 6+ years of experience writing advanced SQL and creating ETL pipelines. You have worked with data warehouses and can design and evaluate schemas.
- End-to-end builder – You have 6+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining high quality software from scratch.
- Thrives with autonomy – You thrive with responsibility and prefer working with small and scrappy teams. You will have the support from our CTO and other engineers, but are comfortable individually building something from 0-1.
Interested in one of these roles? Send a message to email@example.com with your resume or LinkedIn profile and we'll be in touch.
💰 Know somebody who would be a good fit? We offer a $2,500 referral bonus.