← Back to Careers
We're looking for an infrastructure dev-ops engineer as Causal continues to grow rapidly, and is now being adopted among larger organisations. As one of our first hires, you'll play a significant role in setting the direction of Causal's product, company, and culture.
Dev-ops at Causal is very much a product-centric role — teams love Causal because it can handle millions of numbers, and this is made possible only by sophisticated system design.
We need to be able to scale automatically, run distributed in-memory applications, and perform sophisticated content and tier-based routing. Moreover, we also need observability over the entire infrastructure to ensure our users have a consistently delightful experience. We also need to schedule data pipelines.
What you'll work on:
- Distributed in-memory services: scaling up a service-mesh for request routing, multi-tier caching with rehydrations, etc.
- Scheduling data pipelines using Airflow
- Kubernetes auto-scaling to allocate compute-resources where it matters the most
- Managing Causal's infrastructure-as-code
- Check out our roadmap to see what else we've got planned:
- Have 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform are required
- Experience with ETL schedulers (e.g. Airflow), GCP, Envoy/lstio, Go/Python/Typescript are a plus
- Be comfortable envisioning infrastructure from first principles, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
Where you will work:
- We are a globally distributed team working remotely with members of our team on both sides of the Atlantic - we do have a presence in London
- For the role we expect the individual to be located/working within
GMT+1 time zones