Backdrop is looking to hire a talented iOS engineer to shape and build key features of our app. You’ll help thousands of people explore the world and discover beautiful locations.
Our ideal candidate is inquisitive, creative, driven and can take ownership of the work. We’re particularly interested in candidates who thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to collaborate and contribute remotely within a small team.
What You'll Do
- Write and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code in Swift
- Monitor problems, diagnose, track down and fix bugs
- Review code written by others to spot problems and ensure quality
- Write unit tests to ensure consistent results where appropriate
- Participate in the design process: make suggestions and address practicality of designs
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 2 years experience building native iOS applications
- Ability to solve problems and turn solutions into clean, reusable, maintainable code in Swift
- Experience creating custom UI and animations on iOS
- Experience with common iOS design patterns and architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience with SwiftUI