This is a list of recommended mods for each given “Power Stage” of the B4x platform.
(Please take this as general advice, and make a decision that suits you and your situation).
(Please note there is no association with brands mentioned in here, however a brand is mentioned if its sole product is the best for the given setup).
- Performance Intake -- K&N Panel filter is not a performance intake either. (whilst not "required" especially stage 1 tunes, you will need it as you increase to the next stage, it also helps drop intake air temp over the stock plastic unit that's known to crack and absorb heat).
- Plugs Gapped To 0.022” (inches). (Stock Plugs are fine).
- Performance Exhaust -- Muffler delete and/or Resonator delete is not a Performance Exhaust.
Stage 2 (Includes Stage 1 Mods):
- Meth Injection -- Due to the fact no upgraded performance Water to Air Intercooler/Intake manifold combo's exist for the B48 this is the current work-around.
- Upgraded Charge-pipes.
- Upgraded Turbo Inlet.
- Upgraded Downpipe.
- Upgraded intercooler if you are a traversal based B4x engine (Mini, X Chassis etc)
- Upgraded Heat Exchanger (like CSF for example) - This helps drop IATs but not as much as an upgraded Intercooler does, which at this time does not exist for the B4x platform (Checkout the EOS B58 Water to Air Intake manifold for inspiration of what we need).
Stage 2.25 (Includes Previous Stage’s Mods):
- Stage 1 turbo upgrade.
- Upgraded HPFP or CPI (recommended for people who have cold winters or want to run Ethanol Mixes).
- Custom Tune.
Stage 2.5 (Includes Previous Stage’s Mods):