April 2022: Ovarian Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors
This months presenters and articles were:
- Dr. Gökçe Terzioglu, presenting: Pilsworth JA, Cochrane DR, et al. Adult-type granulosa cell tumor of the ovary: a FOXL2-centric disease. J Pathol Clin Res. 2021 May;7(3):243-252.
- Dr. Eylul Gun, presenting: Vougiouklakis T, Zhu K, et al. Integrated Analysis of Ovarian Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumors Reveals Distinct Epigenetic Signatures and Recurrent TERT Rearrangements. Clin Cancer Res. 2022 Jan 14.
- Dr. Michael Mertz, presenting: Edmund LN, Salama AM, Murali R. Cytologic features of sex cord-stromal tumors in women. Cancer Cytopathol. 2022 Jan;130(1):55-71.
April 2021: USCAP 2021 Follow-up
This month instead of the usual format, we heard from three trainees who presented their work in poster format at the 2021 USCAP meeting, including:
- Dr. Ashley Monsrud (Emory University, Atlanta, GA) presenting “PD-L1 Expression in Cervical Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma Is Associated with Poorer Outcomes: Analysis from an Urban Public Hospital.”
- Dr. Batoul Aoun (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI) presenting “Utility of p63 Staining and Morphologic Features in Distinguishing Between Cervical Microglandular Hyperplasia and Endometrial Carcinoma with Mucinous Features.”
- Dr. Rachelle Mendoza (SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY) presenting “Overexpression of EZH2 in Ovarian Tumors is Associated with Advanced Stage and Tumor Recurrence”