🧐 Basics: why our annual leave policy is important
- In a nutshell, we want our team to take the time off they need in order to do their best work, from the start of the year to the end. That doesn’t just mean taking a certain number of days per year – it also means spreading out annual leave days across the year so we don’t burn out from long stretches without a break.
- Taking time off is very important to make sure we can keep our productivity high, but it's also important for our physical and mental health and for being able to reflect and embed learnings (and of course to have a condensed amount of fun!)
- Fair HQ is a startup with a huge mission Fair HQ vision & values.
- Even though we're a remote team, our customer base is in the UK (now, later in the US), so we're following the UK yearly schedule and bank holidays - basically, we work when our clients do. 😉
Annual leave at Fair HQ in a nutshell
- In total, we are now offering a total of 36 days of paid leave allowance 🎉
- 🏝 22 holiday days per calendar year
- 😊 3 personal days - individual days that you can take last minute without giving any reason to your manager or team (some people choose to use them for religious holidays, moving house, last minute plans etc.).
- 🎄 3 days off between Christmas and New Year - Fair HQ “office” is closed so everyone on the team is taking time off to rest and get ready for the upcoming year 💪 . You don’t need to save your holidays for this period.
- 🗓 8 bank holidays based on the 🇬🇧 UK calendar (in 2022 it’s 10 days due to the Queen’s Jubilee & funeral 😥)
Other forms of paid leave at Fair HQ
- 😷 You can take up to 4 sick days a year on top of UK statutory allowance (for UK employees only) or your country of residence allowance
- 🏡 Family leave (to take care of one's family) - up to 3 days per year
- 🥺 Bereavement leave - up to 2 days (including a day for the funeral attendance)
- 🥺 Miscarriage leave - up to 5 days. Both parents are eligible to take miscarriage leave in the event that this happens.
- Exceptional paid leave might be granted after agreement with your manager
Basic rules of our annual leave
- You're eligible for these annual leave days whether you're a UK employee or a full-time contractor working outside of the UK.
- Annual leave days cannot be rolled over to the next calendar year.
- Everyone is encouraged to take at least 5 days off each quarter.
- You can take up to 5 days of annual leave during the probation period