At Alt, we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where everyone is treated, and treats others, with dignity and respect. We take a zero-tolerance approach to any form of unlawful harassment or discrimination because bad things fester in silence.
We will not tolerate:
- Discrimination: Comments or behavior that discriminates against, stereotypes, or harms members of the community.
- Sexual Harassment: Examples of sexual harassment include but are not limited to:
- Suggestive or overly personal comments about an individual’s body or physical appearance
- Sexually suggestive comments or gestures towards an individual
- Invading personal space in a sexual way
- Unwelcome physical contact of a sexual nature
- Persistent unwelcome questions about someone’s marital or relationship status, sexual preferences, or sexual conduct
- Treating someone unfavorably (or suggesting that someone will be treated unfavorably) if they do not submit to conduct of a sexual nature
- Bullying: Examples of bullying include but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate derogatory remarks about someone’s performance
- Physical or psychological threats
- Constantly undervaluing effort
- Ignoring or deliberately excluding people
- Overbearing and intimidating levels of supervision
How can you report?
- If you feel comfortable enough to do so, tell the person engaging in the harassing and/or discriminating behavior that his or her actions are not welcome and they must stop.
- Report the incident verbally or in writing to Muhammad or Anam and/or another member with whom you feel comfortable.
- Report any additional incidents or retaliation that occur to Muhammad or Anam and/or another member with whom you feel comfortable.
We expect everyone associated with Alt to abide by this code of conduct. This code of conduct applies in any setting associated with Alt, including offices, work events, social outings, conferences, homes, phone calls, video conferences, emails, chat, social media, blogs, or other online communication.
Violations of Policy
Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of his or her employment or engagement.
Monitoring and Review
This code of conduct is reviewed from time to time by the team. We will continue to review its effectiveness to ensure it is achieving its objectives.
By joining or working with Alt, in any capacity, I acknowledge that I have read and understood this policy.