⚠️ This page is currently being rewritten to reflect our current design vision. This current page is very very old.
Adventure is a gamemode separate from survival. It doesn't have a permanent world, but blocks can still be placed/removed somewhat. It focuses on exploration, as you try to see more and more of the abyss with each descent and overcome challenges like monsters or terrain. Progression requires returning to Orth, but delvers may choose to go without expecting to return.
- It's hard to put a specific label right now, but overall the goal is to focus on open world exploration, survival (i.e. crafting things, fighting mobs), as well as more hardcore aspects from roguelikes.
Pillars of gameplay
What are the core goals we want to achieve?
⚠️ These aren't finished and their actual pages may change. For now they should give a general overview of goals.
- Heavily encourage exploration.
- Hardcore death that causes substantial harm but not a full reset.
- Offer replayability and a sense of progress even for poor dives.
- Item-oriented progression and economy (in the form of relics).
- Orth as a hub for progression.
- Two ways of playing: With progression or as a sort of roguelike.
- Encouraged group play (parties) even for lategame players.
Primary (second-to-second) This is the most important to make fun!
- Minecraft's combat + lots of fancy relics. Also, interesting ways of navigating the world with the climbing system and relics.
- Survival in the abyss. It's setting up camp, inventory managment, and picking where to go next.