This list is intentionally small, there are A LOT of great lists for ways to take action for racial justice.
Ways To Help
137 Ways to Donate in Support of Black Lives and Communities of Color
- Write an email or letter to a family member. • https://lettersforblacklives.com/
- Talk to your family about systemic racism.
- Talk to your family about what you have learned through media in this collection, invite them to join your next meeting.
- Share a quote from your reading or a part of a film that moved you on social media. Invite others into the conversation.
- Listen to Kojo For Kids with your children and have a discussion.
- Speak up when you hear or see racism.
Challenge the Status Quo
When writing emails, it's important to change the language in the templates to be authentic to you, and to avoid going unread due to filters.
- Write a email or letter to your mayor demanding that your city reallocate police funding to programs for education, housing, and racial equity. • defund12.org
- Petition cuts to your local police department.
- Sign petitions.