Add members to your Notion workspace to share, edit, and collaborate on pages together. These members will share the
Workspace section of your sidebar with you, so you'll see the same navigation and edit the same content.
Members, guests & admins
Note: The following guide assumes you're an admin on a Team Plan, or Enterprise Plan. Otherwise you won't see these options. Personal Plan and Personal Pro Plan users can add guests, but not members.
There are several ways users can interact with a Notion workspace:
- Admins: The only people on your team who can add new members and edit settings. If you create a workspace and you're on a Team or Enterprise Plan, you're automatically an admin, and can add more people as fellow admins, members, or guests.
- Members: People on your team who can create and edit Notion pages, but not edit settings or add members. This category only exists on Team and Enterprise Plans.
- Guests: People external to your team who you want to work with on specific pages. They can be invited to individual Notion pages, but not an entire workspace. Learn more about guest access →
Add members via email
- Go to
Settings & Members at the top of your left-hand sidebar.
Add a Member and type the email address of the person you want to add.
- Select whether to add them as an
Member from the dropdown, then press
- Admins can edit settings and invite new members.
- Members cannot edit settings or invite new members.
- They'll receive an email with a link to sign in and join your workspace.
Add members via Invite link
- Go to
Settings & Members at the top of your left-hand sidebar