Jump to: HS 6301A - Fall 2021 - Home | Schedule | Assignments & Grading
Expectations and Basic Policies
My basic policies all exist so that you can give yourself a chance to learn but also so you can give yourself some space to take care of the rest of your life.
Main policy: If you are sick, please rest!
This semester is going to be an experiment in flexibility. We’re nowhere near out of the crisis that COVID-19 has set in motion, and though you may have settled into something like a rhythm, things could change at any moment. Anxiety and exhaustion, mentally and physically, are ever-present realities.
With that in mind, here are my main expectations:
- Make a good-faith effort to complete the work in the syllabus on time.
- Be respectful of others’ time and needs.
- Be willing to change things up if our current system isn’t working.
- Participate in the discussions online.
- Ask a lot of questions! Don’t wait to get help.
- If you know of something that will prevent you from being active in our class, please let me know. You don’t have to be specific, but I’d appreciate a heads-up.
- If you see another classmate struggling, help them out. This isn’t a competition; we’re all in it together.
- Leave room for connectivity issues (have patience!)
- Raise hands or signal that you want to talk.
- Assume best intentions while people are talking.
- Include icebreakers and ways to be more comfortable together and feel more open with each other. Take time to get to know each other.
- Support each other with chat and other functions to provide feedback.