Home | About | **Projects | Blog | Talks & Teaching | Exhibitions | Publications | Media | CV | References**
Cesar Jung-Harada (FR-JP, 1983) Designer. Director of MakerBay, Scoutbots, and Senior Lecturer in Design and Architecture at the University of Hong Kong. TED Senior Fellow, former Researcher & Project Leader at MIT, Ars Electronica Golden Nica Award winner. He holds a Master in Design Interactions from the Royal College of Art and sailed around the world in 2013-2014.
Cesar is currently working on:
- The University of Hong Kong, Department of Architecture, Senior Lecturer. #Design #Architecture #Cultural Entrepreneurship
- The Swire Institute of Marine Science, Researcher, #Ocean #Innovation
- Scoutbots LTD, Startup CEO. #Ocean #Robotics #Open Science #Open Hardware
- MakerBay Group, Director of Innovation Spaces Network. #Impact Innovation #STEAM #Education #Makerspace #FabLab #SDGs
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Trustee of the Board
- TED Senior Fellow, Unreasonable Fellow, Opportunity, Ocean Exchange Fellow, Ocean Research Alliance HK member, member of the Hong Kong Design Association.
Cesar frequently works as a
- Public Speaker: I keynote conferences, major corporate events, and work as a mentor, judge, and panelist. I have experienced as MC, facilitator, moderator, speaker trainer, visual recorder. Cesar has delivered over 25 TED and TEDx talks on 5 continents
- Researcher, particularly for innovative ocean technologies. I have worked in disaster areas on land, air, sea and underwater with frontline communities in many countries.
- Artist, Designer, Filmmaker participating to shows, exhibiting in museums, galeries, performing. I have extensive experience designing FabLab/makerspace/coworking community space and industrial facilities.
- Teacher, Facilitator, Mentor from early childhood to University level, usually about Citizen Science, Design, Impact Innovation.
- Longer Biographies
- Photo Selection
20210608 Portfolio 10 minutes.pdf
Links & Social Media