- Use dedicated, wired headphones. This prevents echo.
- Use a dedicated, wired microphone.
- This doesn't need to be fancy. The one that is in your webcam is probably fine. The one in your laptop is not good.
- Airpods suffice for some calls, but tend to be problematic for longer usage. Avoid if possible when working at home.
- Make sure you face the camera. If you have a laptop to the side, use a dedicated webcam.
- Set great Zoom defaults: always start muted.
- Remember your lighting!
An ergonomics expert explains how to set up your desk in 3 minutes.