Have you got it yet? Or do "We need to go deeper"?
In 2016, we received a revelation. We conducted several experiments privately, to test a few theories regarding the nature of this revelation. These included "aliens", "witchcraft", and "time travel". We determined that "time travel" was the most likely answer based on these experiments. For various reasons, we did not attempt to describe our theory publicly until January 2021.
We immediately discovered one consequence of the theory: certain information is SECRET. For instance, the details of the aforementioned experiments. As a result, this is a purely theoretical work.
A second consequence was not immediately apparent, but eventually became clear: certain phenomenon can be described equally well by naturalistic time-travel theories and by the existence of השם.
This is intuitively clear. If השם responds to prayers, and can foresee the future, this acts as a form of timetravel. On the other hand, the pseudo-forces perceived as a result of a purely-mechanical nature of timetravel can be perceived as the will of השם. And studying the purely-mechanical model of timetravel allows us to better understand the SECRET nature of השם.
How does Time Travel work?
❓ The short answer is "we don't know yet".
There are only two substantially rigorous attempts I am aware of to describe a consistent form of time travel.
One is Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, a book I hope you are familiar with. Note HPMOR, an Abridgement if you are not.
The other is a 2011 video game called "Achron". Some of the features of time-travel in that game:
- Both matter and information can travel through time. (This works similarly to HPMOR. While we cannot prove it impossible, we do not expect people to show up with time machines anytime soon.)
- A "pulse" system is used to propagate changes in time forward. (This works similarly to the quantized time-jumps in HPMOR)
- Time travel has a quota (we translate this term as Independence Compensation); sending information back in time costs more when the time sent back is longer. (This functions similarly to the hard-coded six-hour time limit in HPMOR)
- Neither system explains entanglement.
- We suggest people explore Scott Aaronson's work regarding computational theory.
- From a recent paper: "Conjecture 10: BB(5) = 47,176,870."
- We do not expect a substantial source regarding ritual entanglement to be published.
- Paradoxes are possible in Achron. (This is a necessary limitation of the hardware limitations of the system, and the inability to negate time-loops)
- The simplest possible paradox is an un-paired NOT gate. This may be considered similar to the magnetic monopole, or the free quark.
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality uses "DO NOT MESS WITH TIME" as an arc word to solve the issue.
- It is not an arc word in the sense that "Bad Wolf" is an arc word on Doctor Who.
- It is not an ark word like "boat" or "ship".
- it is a word that implies that the temporal equivalent of an electric arc-current prevents the un-paired NOT gate.
- it functions as an arc word by being a degenerate solution.
- most time-machines available to the public are designed to lie to you in order to prevent these situations.
- There is no paradox-induced secrecy in Achron. (This is different from HPMOR, see 6. Timelock )
Why does this matter? Nobody has a time machine.
It does matter. We won't even pretend to be able to explain why at this time.