2020 has been a tough year for romance.
Perhaps a lot has changed in your life. Or perhaps things stayed the same and you're feeling restless.
Without the usual NYE parties, the silver lining is that we have more time this year to connect with our loved one.
This guide gives you everything you need for a beautiful New Year's date at home. You can also do this date with a friend or family member.
- Create ambience at home. This doesn't need to be grand or complicated; simplicity is beautiful. All you need is:
- A couple of tea light candles
- A small vase with a single flower (a carnation, mum, rose, whatever your preference)
- A Spotify playlist (here's the one I curated for Slow Date)
- Hint: You can get candles and a small vase for <$5-10 from Michael's, any craft store, or Amazon
- Cook a simple meal. Again, it doesn't need to be fancy. It's the thought and preparation that counts. Some easy but romantic options include:
- A cheese and charcuterie board
- Pasta al pomodoro w/ a side salad
- Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and crusty bread
- A rice bowl with salmon and roasted vegetables
- Note: You can find some recipes at the bottom of this doc
- Gather materials for the activity
- You'll need a printer to print the content below
- Scissors to cut out questions
- Three containers (these can be soup bowls, mason jars, really anything that holds slips of paper)
- Lastly, get post-it notes (or cut up pieces of paper) and pens
To get set up:
After dinner, head to a comfy spot in your home with the three containers. Read these instructions aloud to your partner: