💜 If you’re reading this CONGRATULATIONS! This means you have received and accepted an offer to join Remote and we couldn’t be more excited. As soon as you receive the offer our partners at Veremark will get in touch with you for a simple Background Check to make sure we remain compliant and that no bumps on the road (hopefully long) with us happen. Below is more information to guide you within this process:
What is Veremark?
- Veremark is an employment background check system integrated into our Greenhouse (ATS) via an API. Read more about it here.
- Please note we have an 15 working day SLA with Veremark in place for results of the Employment Verification to be completed. This can vary according to jurisdiction and other factors. If this time frame become somehow a blocker for you please flag this to the Recruitment Team immediately.
What type of verifications is Remote running?
- Currently we only run Employment Verifications but this can and will be updated in the due course. Employment history checks are not the same thing as reference checks. They involve verifying the employment history of a candidate [by way of contacting former employers] to create a detailed account of employment.
- Your last employer will be contacted to confirm key information such as dates and role title.
- Candidates must provide their permission and details to Veremark for employment history checks to be carried out.
Why is this needed?
- Remote's employees handle very sensitive information across multiple countries. Compliance and transparency are primordial in the type of business and industry we are in. In a nutshell, by running these easy checks we reduce our risk of non-compliance.
My last completed employment is with an employer that no longer exists (went bankrupt, was a start up, etc) - what can I do?
I’ve submitted the wrong information and I can’t edit it. Where should I go for help?