💡 To try this template out, “Duplicate” it into an existing workspace and press “Generate.” Try tweaking any of the contents of the doc to adjust the results.
We’re launching repeating database templates!
- Many tasks and todos happen on a recurring basis, e.g. every week or every month, and recurring tasks is a basic feature that project/task management tools all support.
- There are instances where lack of recurring tasks is the blocking reason for an existing customer to adopt Notion.
- We can fulfill the use cases in the product goals that depend on recurrence through the ability to duplicate a template.
- User can set a database page template to “Repeat” and choose from the recurrence options listed in the PRD.
- The database page template is automatically duplicated repeatedly based on the configured recurrence option.
- Reminders and mentions should work as expected in the duplicated page.
- For version one, the primary use case we want to unlock is recurring tasks and reminders for Project Management.
- Secondary use cases are creating a new sprint every x weeks and add a new meeting doc entry for a recurring meeting.
- In the Database templates menu (chevron button next to New), add a “Repeat” option, which opens a settings dialog to configure the recurrence.
- Repeat options: Every day, week, month, year.
- Creates the database template automatically according to the repeat rules.
- Speed up work and help standardize processes.