👋 Hi there! We're looking for people who love working with kids to come on to Primer and facilitate online, audio-only kid-centered events.
This is a part-time, paid contracting position. Hours and length are flexible but we're looking for 10-20 hours a week of availability for at least 8 weeks. Currently, our most popular hours are between 9AM and 3PM PST.
Please read on, and if interested, reach out to email@example.com with a bit about yourself and your relevant experience!
🌈 What is Primer
- Primer is building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- One of our core products is Primer Rooms. Rooms are live, audio-chat spaces for kids to meet and hang out with peers while solving puzzles, discussing open-ended problems, or talking about interesting hypothetical scenarios. You can find the upcoming schedule here.
- Primer rooms are focused on empowering kids to lead the conversation and are open to kids ages 9-14. We have rooms that are led by a facilitator from Primer as well as rooms that are led by kid-hosts.
💛 About you!
- You have experience working with kids ages 9-14 and facilitating respectful, open discussion between kids of different ages, backgrounds, and maturity levels
- You can adapt quickly and remain calm in various situations that might come up in a conversation with kids, such as poorly expressed disagreement, unexpected background noises, or technical issues
- You're familiar working with online tools like Zoom and Google Meet and can pick up similar tools quickly
- You're flexible working in uncertain and changing environments and are eager to work together to create a new way for kids to learn
- You're interested in a contracting position of at least 8 weeks with about 10-20 hours of work a week (with room for flexibility)
- (Optional) You have experience creating educational content for kids ages 9-14 - we have a separate role described here and would be thrilled if you are interested in both!
🏗️ What you'll be working on
- As a facilitator, you'll prep for and facilitate 5-10 rooms (30-45 min each) a week based on your availability. Content for rooms will be provided in advance!
- Facilitation includes:
- Prepping for the call by reading through content ahead of time
- Maintaining a safe and respectful environment for kids in the room
- Encouraging kid-led discussion around the content in the room
- Helping ensure a good balance of conversation between quieter and more talkative kids
- Improving the Rooms experience, including sharing a written summary of every call