The ultimate resource pack for hackers participating in The Graph bounties
🎓 The Graph: Our Education Mission
The Graph aims to support the next generation of dapp developers in harnessing the power of blockchain data to bring a superior experience for their users.
If you are building a dapp to contribute to the foundation of the decentralised future, here’s why you using The Graph to build subgraphs to power your next dapp with blockchain data:
- Subgraphs bring the world’s data to your fingertips by serving as an API layer that sits between your UI & data layer
- Dapps need indexed application data for robust UI/UX. Subgraphs are the de-facto standard for serving blockchain data to your dapps in a decentralised & efficient way
- You can perform complex queries on blockchain data like joins, filtering, sorting, pagination, etc. & query it from your frontend
- Proprietary indexing servers are cost & resource heavy; not to mention error-prone and centralised. The Graph decentralised network is an open & transparent network of participants making data accessible to developers
🏆 The Graph Bounties
As a hacker, you can participate in two main categories of bounties offered by The Graph:
- Best New Subgraph(s): Build and deploy a custom GraphQL API that indexes data from a smart contract to query blockchain data to your dapp. Get started here!
- Best Use of Existing Subgraph(s): Query an existing subgraph on the Graph Explorer or hosted service using the public query URL from the subgraph dashboard. Get started here!