User Authentication Methods
According to talks we had about Account and wallet address relation in Giveth DApp, we reached a conclusion that if we want to have any changes to account creation, our mission should be considered first, that is “Giving is effortless”.
It was suggested that we may have different behavior with project managers with simple donors.
So this feature proposal tries to imply multi-level account creation that implies mostly on user types which they want to be a project manager and collect money through the DApp, and the way we are currently verifying them is another way of having a higher level of authentication for being a verified project manager.
It’s going to be gamification to upgrade the account levels, from Basic to Pro, so if you just connect a wallet to donate, it’s effortless to give. But the more you engage, the upper profile account you may need.
In this proposal, we have 4 types of user accounts: Basic + Pro + PO + Verified PO (we have to change them with more appealing terms)
Why Muti-Level Account?
- Hard donation management and loss of data between addresses - what was the address I was using for Giveth? oh man I had an account there already, I connected 3 addresses why 2 of them have profile and the other don’t?
- Account seems to be nonsense when the address is representative of the account. to be honest, we don’t have account concept in our DApp, we are just using an address with appending more plain information to it.
- No verification for extra information for a completed profile, means we can don’t ask them. A sjhgdjhsdg name, means there is no full name, a wrong email means there is no email to contact the user.
- Product vise, we need to have them have an account to reach them later and engage them in the app. currently we have minimum user reach.
- We don’t have any verification for recipient addresses.
- I can simply use the other’s wallet addresses found on the web for a project, for example, I can use griff.eth as my project reciepieant address, without any signature, so griff would not be able to use it again in the Giveth.
- Fraud and circulating money between recipients and donors cause from this fact that there is no relation with user address and recipient address in DB.
- We are doing verification process offline, and the verification team creates user profiles for project owners themselves by asking more questions and verifying them.