👋 **Hi there! We're looking for people who love creating educational content to help us design and write content for live social experiences for kids.
We don't have openings for this role today, but we expect this position to have new openings regularly based on our changing needs. If you're interested, please reach out and we'll follow up with you when a new role opens up!**
This is a part-time, paid contracting position. Hours and length are flexible but we're looking for 10-20 hours a week of availability for at least 8 weeks.
Please read on, and if interested, reach out to email@example.com with a bit about yourself and your relevant experience!
🌈 What is Primer
- Primer is building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- One of our core products is Primer Rooms. Rooms are live, audio-chat spaces for kids to meet and hang out with peers while solving puzzles, discussing conundrums, or talking about interesting hypothetical scenarios. You can find the upcoming schedule here.
- Primer rooms are focused on empowering kids to lead the conversation and are open to kids ages 9-14. We have rooms that are led by a facilitator from Primer as well as rooms that are led by kid-hosts.
💛 About you!
- You have demonstrated experience creating high quality, visual educational content that kids ages 9-14 love
- You're familiar with online slide-creation tools like Google Slides and can pick up similar tools quickly
- You're flexible working in uncertain and changing environments and are eager to work together to create a new way for kids to learn
- You're interested in a contracting position of at least 8 weeks with about 10-20 hours of work a week (with room for flexibility)
- (Optional) You have experience working with kids ages 9-14 and facilitating respectful, open discussion between kids of different ages, backgrounds, and maturity levels - we have a separate role described here and are thrilled if you're interested in both!
🏗️ What you'll be working on
- As a content writer, you will create slide-based content for 2-3 ~45 minute Rooms a week based on your availability. The content will:
- Be run by a facilitator in rooms with about 4-6 kids aged 9-14
- Create opportunities for kid-led discussion and problem-solving with minimal involvement from a facilitator
- Be able to support kids running the activity on their own
- Examples of past content:
- A series of puzzles and brainteasers for kids to work on collaboratively
- A series of problem-solving questions that follow a fun narrative, such as:
- "Settling a Space Colony," where kids make decisions about building a Mars base as a team
- "Serengeti Safari," where kids use animal facts and riddles to identify animal species
- "Center of the Earth," where kids design a mock experiment to discover what lies below Earth's crust
- "Where in the World," where kids use online research to find the locations described in geography clues
- A series of open-ended questions for kids that prompt discussion
This example is from a call titled "Puzzlers" that happens every week.
This example is from a call titled "Settling a Space Colony" where kids have to decide which modules to include.
This example is from a call titled "Race to the Ancient Temple" where kids have to figure out the shortest path across many different cities.