Open Roles ℹ️ Our Hiring Process F.A.Qs Selected Blog Posts📽️ Product videos
At iterative.ai, we build open-source tools for machine learning DVC (10k+ ⭐ on GitHub), CML (3k+ ⭐ on GitHub), and enterprise-grade data infrastructure solutions. We also offer a team collaboration SaaS solution - Studio. We're a well-funded (Series A), remote-first team (50+ employees) on a mission to solve the complexities of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle, and other ML & data-centric workflows.
We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise customers.
Check us out in other places:
🖥 Website 📂 Docs 👾: GitHub 🖊 Blog ⏯️ YouTube 💬 Discord
👩💻 Culture - We take care of our people
- 💖 Diversity - As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, iterative.ai is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life, and work with a wonderful team that does the same! No matter who you are or where you’re from; we need you for what you can do and for caring about ML and delivering great developer tools!
- ⚖️ Equal opportunities - We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do. No country or region takes precedence for personal growth, compensation, team recognition, or anything else, it just doesn’t matter where you are.
- 👣 Flexibility first - Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules
- ⚓️ Team Driven Culture - Engineering team is involved in product discussions and planning. We do it openly via GitHub or Discord chat. Well-defined process that we all participate in improving. As an employee you will have visibility to everything in Iterative, we are One team.
ℹ️ Our Hiring Process
We will go over the process with you in the Introductory call to make sure it is clear and you know what to expect.
Here is the full interview process you can expect - It’s our go-to for most positions:
- 🤙 Introductory call [~1h]
- 👨🏫 Tech call with a team member [~45m]
- 👩🏾💻 Take-home coding task [real-world, asynchronous] - We pay for your time! See this FAQ.
- 🦾 Task summary / retro call [Optional, ~1h]
- ✏️ Offer
👏 Perks & Benefits
- 🌎 Work wherever you want - No offices. Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
- 🗓️ Work whenever you want - Asynchronous communication and engineering culture. We are light on meetings and emphasize people finding their own schedule to be prolific & effective. Oh yeah, also Unlimited PTO and sick days!
- 🤗 Open-source your code - We’re an open-source-first company (frankly, it’s in our DNA). Your work will be visible and will be used by thousands of developers every day! Check out our Discord and GitHub.
- 🪙 Competitive compensation - based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- ⚕️ Great health coverage (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations).
- 🛡️ Benefits - 401K with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary (US only, but we give the best we can worldwide through reimbursements and hiring platforms).
- 🎤 Participate in conventions and conferences (PyCon, PyData, O'Reilly AI, etc) - We encourage and support everyone in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
- Software Engineer (Senior / Staff, Open Source, CLI, Python)
- Software Engineer (Senior / Staff, Backend, SaaS, Python)
- Software (ML Product) Engineer (Senior / Staff, Open Source, Python)
- Software Engineer (AI Data Engine, Staff/ Senior, Open Source, SaaS)
How do I get in touch / where to apply?
We were doing the “email us to this address” for a while now. But it was hard to keep up with all the approaches. Please see application link in the job description and use those - they will direct you to application form which will go into our systems so we won’t miss your application
Where are you located?
We are a fully distributed startup. This means, that while we have our HQ registered in San Francisco, CA - the engineers and members are working from their homes (or… wherever!) all around the globe 🌏.. Our office is virtual - our GitHub, Slack, Notion, etc.
We are going to some length to build our virtual community (donut meetings, virtual-coffees, friendly-chats, etc) - and, of course, are trying to organize real-world meetups when we can (company wide and otherwise), but our day-to-day interactions will always be remote-first and asynchronous-first.
If you really like working in a physical office, and meeting your co-workers daily - maybe this will not be the best fit for you, it’s not for everyone!
What is the day-to-day routine like (a.k.a how many meeting will I have to attend)?
As a 100% remote company, our practices and culture are to match - asynchronous communication first.