in scale there are two types of errors: inline errors can be used for field-specific errors, and toast errors can be used for all other types of errors.
details below can be seen in figma
these errors are shown right below the field that is in error.
- inline errors replace info text, if present.
- color of inline error icon and text is red-50 when background is green-800
- color of inline error icon and text is red-900 when background is gray-100
- border color is always red-900
- error text is Fjord 14.
- for password inline errors (seen below) the "error" message shall show by default until user meets expected password validation see prototypes for behavior, e.g. this one for creating a password
these errors should be used everywhere else in the app, e.g. error with adding a fish. Toast comes in from top of screen and sits on top of all text.
- title text is Fjord 16, red-900
- description text is Fjord 14, red-900
- not all errors need description text or title text