Welcome to SHELTER! Take a look around to see what we're up to and how you can get involved.
- We are ramping up our efforts, and would love for you to join.
- We are looking for burners with passion for innovative camp design. Build and strike week experience is a plus.
The Shelter Team is focusing on promoting sustainable playa building practices within the constraints of camps' offerings and styles . Minimizing environmental impact with the use of passive elements, lightweight materials, maximizing insulation & shade, while minimizing storage space for the building elements or increasing storage space within the building elements.
Vision: Our Dreams for BRC 2030
- Camps creating and/or utilizing infrastructures at the highest efficiency relative to their camp’s style and gifting operations, as it pertains to sheltering their members, equipment, and activities. Furthermore, when environmentally beneficial, to actively push for and deploy as much of their shelter components in the default world.
Mission: How We'll Get There
- Through Education, information sharing, and the blast certification process, camps will improve and help each other achieve the 2030 goal.
What We're Working On
- compiling metrics and parameters related to shelter sustainability
- compiling questions for the Blast certification scoring card
- creating a volunteer checklist and handbook, for on playa blast certification
- Brain storming on tough subjects. for example: A vendor delivered RV may be wasteful when it houses one member, whereas, a self owned RV brought in from Reno by a local member and shared by 6 people, is quite an efficient way to house 6 members comfortably.
- other - waiting on your input and help to find out what's missing.