Active / passive participants: Can you make the active person BOLD
- FDD: Joe, Tigress
MSC: Chase, Lindsey
Holdings: Kevin, Loie
Foundation: Simona, Kyle
DAO Ops: Kris, Jodi
MMM: Sean, Laura
dCompass: Huxwell, Eli
- Add your estimated time to discussion points as of next week
- Form for proposals to discuss: VOTE HERE
- Slido for discussion topic order: VOTE HERE
PART I: PROPOSALS
PART II: UPDATES/QUESTIONS/OPEN DISCUSSION
- [Loie] Gitcoin Conflict Resolution Policy for discussion
- We lean into conflict & seek decentralized means of resolving it when possible.
- There are 4 facilitators available to us with different backgrounds & specialties.
- We keep a log of conflicts to measure how it affects Gitcoin, the resources we spend on it, and what success is found.
- Kris: great to have this guide available for normsetting, but does this have to be a proposal. This isn’t
- Joe: Like travel policy would like to see WS adopt and make their own before it becomes a proposal. There’s a difference between policy vs. norm setting
- Kyle: Seems like we’re moving toward autonomy of the WSs again which he is supportive of making these guides more WS specific and empowering WSs to adopt as opposed to CSDO ratified policies.
- Loie: Happy to see operations capabilities increasing in WS. Also, there are still some policies that we should be adopted as a community because they impact equity within the DAO.
- Laura: Is there an opportunity to shift to a bottoms-up/community-first decision making framing to adopt these policies.
- Kris: potential for pilot program
- Feedback Loie on comments in chat
- @joe and @tigress - really appreciate both of your comments here!
Tigress, about the "sense, build, support, adopt, measure, learn" flow - that reflects a lot of the process here thank u for the phrasing! sense - witnessing DAO conflicts the past several months. build - the task force that created this policy. support - the step we are probably missing, that we just identified today! adopt - the proposal moment that i thought i was going into today. measure - the reporting function we created in the policy, to track conflicts and the resources we expand on them and the success of outcomes. learn - the piece at the end of the policy of people ops discussing learnings from these measurements
- Next Step: Consider this as a guideline that we test out over the next 2 months and adopt throughout the WS
- Kris: Would be great to announce at next WS Updates Call.
- [Kris] Thoughts on improving the budget review process? (timing, format of the stewards call, calls w/sam) (10-15’)
- Kris: Would to experiment with Ethelo for future rounds / postpone stewards call or different format / Should Kernel been granted the attendance? / not enough stewards on the call
- Chase: A lot of work went into these budgets so MC would appreciate more time to have a conversation
- Simona: agree that length is too short. Could prep it so that Stewards know that the budget calls will be longer.
- Owoki: making progress but we still have work to do to make sure it doesn’t feel rushed. Would like to experiment (see gov post for ideas)
- Jodi: Could we try 1:1 with the stewards (i.e., give each ws a 30 min time slot with assigned Stewards)
- Sean: area for improvement - providing guidance to WS leads on the broader financial environment while we’re putting together proposals instead of after Stewards Call.
- Huxwell: +1
- Tigress: What would be helpful for all workstreams to increase budget documentation quality is if we got the chance to have a retrospective with them in like 3 or 4 weeks?
- Would CSDO fund a task force to solve this? (slow and steady pace could be increased)
- Why can’t voting period be longer?
- Why delete ethelo tool cause it would confuse stewards vs post this?