Active / passive participants: Can you make the active person BOLD
- FDD: Joe, Tigress
MSC: Chase, Lindsey
Holdings: Kevin, Loie
Foundation: Simona, Kyle
DAO Ops: Kris, Jodi
MMM: Sean, Laura
dCompass: Huxwell, Eli
- Add your estimated time to discussion points as of next week
- Form for proposals to discuss: VOTE HERE
- Slido for discussion topic order: VOTE HERE
PART I: PROPOSALS
PART II: UPDATES/QUESTIONS/OPEN DISCUSSION
[Loie] ‣ for discussion
- We lean into conflict & seek decentralized means of resolving it when possible.
- There are 4 facilitators available to us with different backgrounds & specialties.
- We keep a log of conflicts to measure how it affects Gitcoin, the resources we spend on it, and what success is found.
- Kris: great to have this guide available for normsetting, but does this have to be a proposal. This isn’t
- Joe: Like travel policy would like to see WS adopt and make their own before it becomes a proposal. There’s a difference between policy vs. norm setting
- Kyle: Seems like we’re moving toward autonomy of the WSs again which he is supportive of making these guides more WS specific and empowering WSs to adopt as opposed to CSDO ratified policies.
- Loie: Happy to see operations capabilities increasing in WS. Also, there are still some policies that we should be adopted as a community because they impact equity within the DAO.
- Laura: Is there an opportunity to shift to a bottoms-up/community-first decision making framing to adopt these policies.
- Kris: potential for pilot program
- Feedback Loie on comments in chat
- @joe and @tigress - really appreciate both of your comments here!
Tigress, about the "sense, build, support, adopt, measure, learn" flow - that reflects a lot of the process here thank u for the phrasing! sense - witnessing DAO conflicts the past several months. build - the task force that created this policy. support - the step we are probably missing, that we just identified today! adopt - the proposal moment that i thought i was going into today. measure - the reporting function we created in the policy, to track conflicts and the resources we expand on them and the success of outcomes. learn - the piece at the end of the policy of people ops discussing learnings from these measurements
- Next Step: Consider this as a guideline that we test out over the next 2 months and adopt throughout the WS
- Kris: Would be great to announce at next WS Updates Call.
[Kris] Thoughts on improving the budget review process? (timing, format of the stewards call, calls w/sam) (10-15’)
[Jodi] Update on Friday strategy call
[Kevin] Thoughts on Holdings Leadership call vs CSDO
- What would have to be true for CSDO to be a strong leadership team of the DAO? CSDO leadership meeting (like gitcoin holdings meeting)
- Next Steps: Let handle this async. May be better suited for Strategy Call on Friday or on next week’s CSDO.
[Kris] Names Talent Coordinators & Community Leads
- PGF: Maxwell +
- FDD roles
[Joe] goal of onboarding everyone on the planet to be in GitcoinDAO
- Onboarding to the DAO is being given values info and includes staking on membership (maybe on others)
- Onboarding to GitcoinDAO different from hired to workstream. Workstreams could sponsor stake for those they want to hire.
- Joe: GitcoinDAO is a social DAO for everyone in the world who believes that we can allocate resources better than legacy governments.
- Kevin: my goal: Create a world in which ImpactDAOs augment every income, creating a systemic incentive for the worlds agents (humans, AIs) to care for the commons.
[Joe] Governance V3 proposal
- Why have a disqualification for contributors voting on their own stream?
- Kyle: Seems extreme, also this isn’t a ratified proposal.
- Would like to ratify in coming the weeks
[Kris] Proposal to move the CSDO call 1 hour earlier
- Reason: Health concerns. Very late for EU + follow-up afterward
- Can do this as of Jan 17 if next week too early to move calls
- No objections. Kris will adjust for two weeks from now.