👇 In this guide, you’ll find all the resources you need to get started with Kona.
- What is Kona?
- How do I get my team set up on Kona?
- Best Practices & Tips
- Adjusting Settings
- Meet Our Team
1. What is Kona?
You’re ready to start if…
- [ ] You manage a team of 15 or less
- [ ] You have an existing team channel [OR]
you’re able to make a new one for Kona.
- [ ] You care about mental health and creating psychologically safe teams!
*Got a larger team? No worries!
Read our “Larger Team” section below.
🐶 Kona is perfect for:
- Any kind of team that collaborates regularly
****- Any department (from Engineering to People Ops to Sales to Product!)
- Async-friendly work!
2. How do I get my team set up on Kona?
☎️ Feeling stuck? Schedule time with our team to get a live walkthrough.
Not a fan of videos? No problem. Follow these written steps 👇
- Identify or create your team channel. Do you have an existing, private channel in Slack where you and your direct reports can chat?
- If not, create this channel and invite your teammates to it!
- Find the Kona app and click “Get Started” or “New Team.”
- Click “Set Up My Team.”
- Choose your team channel and invite Kona to the channel. Copy
/invite @Kona and paste it into the team channel.
- Click “Create Team.”
- Name your team. This name will be visible by company admins and in settings. Then add your direct reports. This can be changed later!
- If you have a co-manager, place their name in the secondary manager section.
- Optional: Select your manager. They will get briefs on your team’s overall mood graph and your check-ins before your weekly 1:1.