I hope you are all having a good evening. My name is Baffour Osei. I am the manager of the Robotics Lab in the F-Wing of EQuad. Yes, this is a long email; however, it contains important information about being a part of the Robotics Lab so please read till the end. Thank you in advance for reading it and for taking care of our shared space!
- Onboarding: If you haven’t already attended an onboarding meeting, please attend the next one on (TBD) at the Vicon Area of the Robotics Lab. I’ll send another reminder as a calendar invite closer to time.
- Communications: The first thing I need you to do is join our communication channels so that you can stay in the loop with what is going on in the Robotics Lab
- Guidelines: I have sent out a link to the RL Notion page. This page (hopefully) will be the one stop shop for all things concerning RL (outside of the slack channel and listserv). The Notion page contains equipment SOPs, lab forms, etc. It is still growing and open to suggestions!
- Equipment & Authorizations: All equipment in the Equipment section of the Notion page (except for the Minor Equipment section) require lab manager authorization to use. Even if you have prior experience with the equipment, I just need to give you the guidelines for use within our lab so that I can confirm that we’re on the same page about it.
- Slack: Something that came up during the first onboarding meeting is improving communication about Robotics Lab items so we've created several channels within the Robotics slack to help ensure that specific items can be found in specific places.
Thank you for making it to the end of this email. Here’s a cookie!
Please reach out to me if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions! I’m looking forward to serving you all and seeing the knowledge you discover along the way!
Robotics Lab Manager
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Room F215 Engineering Quadrangle
41 Olden Street
Princeton, NJ 08544-5263