🟠 Alert - Locks in use, unlock to edit. Check with the People team or Finance team before editing.
🔵 Help - #people-help (People Operations team)
Our policy and processes for employee expenses.
- Expense policy
- Using your Brex card
- Requesting a Reimbursement
- Company expenses
1. Expense policy
Before making a purchase, make sure to have a budget approved for the expense. A budget is approved in three main ways:
- As a pre-approved budget: Pre-approved budgets do not need manager approval, and are always in USD.
- As a manager-approved budget: These are additional to or outside of pre-approved budgets.
- As a team-approved or company-approved budget: These are additional to or outside of pre-approved budgets, and usually relates to a company event, a team social initiative, or a team award. Your manager/leader will need to complete a form ahead of time.
For pre-approved budgets
See the full list of pre-approved budgets in [people] Benefits & perks.
For manager-approved budgets
We're not profitable, so we have to be frugal.
- If there is something you think is reasonable to expense (needed for your specific role for a specific responsibility), ask your manager.