Revel is building the modern community for women over age 50. We are backed by Forerunner Ventures and Y Combinator and were recently named one of the Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company.
- Research suggests that loneliness is as detrimental to our long-term health as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and increases our likelihood of mortality by 26%. The group that Revel serves—women above the age of 50—is at particular risk of feeling socially isolated due to the many transitions that can happen at this age (empty nesting, downsizing, divorce, separation, retirement). Our mission at Revel is to help each Revel member meet friends and genuine connections, in the real world, so that she remains healthy, empowered, and thriving throughout midlife.
- About one sixth of the U.S. population (50 million women) is a women of Revel age. The opportunity before us is to leverage technology to serve this population at scale.
The Technical Problems We’re Solving
- Data Aggregation and Matching: We are gathering and structuring our data so that at scale, we can guide her towards the Revel events and Revel members who are the best match for her personality, life stage, and interests.
- Using Data to Optimize Ease of Community, Connection & Friendship: In addition to using data to match members to one another and events (the who and the what), we will be using data to understand and perfect the art of the how to bring people together to build and deepen interpersonal connections and community (number of people to a group, combination of tenure of membership, type of event for which stage of her Revel lifecycle).
- Enabling Operations: As a company, we’re constrained only by the number of events we can operationally support; we’re building a platform with high uptime and scalable resources so that any member anywhere can have a 6-out-of-5 experience attending or hosting Revel events.
- UX for a Unique Demographic: Our goal is to create an amazing UX that feeds a virtuous cycle of user behavior; our UX solutions need to be thought through for our target demographic in particular, and may looks slightly different than what has worked for existing platforms and their users.
- We’re a small team where you’ll have immediate impact. You’ll work daily alongside our CEO, COO, Director of Marketing and designer, and lead our team of engineers.
- You will make the architectural decisions that put us in the best position to deliver an amazing experience to our Revel members at scale.
- You will recruit talented engineers onto your team who are eager to learn and passionate about the technical problems they get to solve at Revel.
- As we are still a small team, you will contribute to our codebase and ship new features used immediately by our members.
- 5 years experience working in a production environment on a user-facing product