📍 Wellington, NZ
You will work within the engineering team collaborating with stakeholders, our marketing team and our internal and external designers, to deliver exciting experiences through the front end layer of our applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering front-end experiences in our responsive web app using Ruby on Rails, CSS/HTML and React
- Assisting in the design and prototyping of new UI concepts and patterns, and turning those into code
- Working closely with our Product Design team to Creating create moments of delight for our customers, keeping them engaged with our platforms
- Contributing to, maintaining, and documenting our UI pattern library
- Producing clean, well structured code
- Monitoring and improving front end performance of our app and site
- Representing the customer in design decisions
How we work
- We follow agile practices, delivering improvements iteratively in small chunks. We track the impact of our work and measure ourselves on results, not the amount of code written.
- We’re growing fast, and are focused on building a well designed, scalable & robust platform. In some areas of the work (e.g. payment processing) there is very little margin for error.
- Our technology platform is built in Ruby on Rails, and we also use a bunch of AWS services (via Terraform), Postgres, Docker, and a little bit of React.
- We have automated tests, continuous deployment, and release to production multiple times per day.
- We review each others code, and set aside time for hacking on experimental features, refactoring and/or learning new things.
- We work hard and finish on time, no crazy hours.